Sunday, February 12, 2012

A little Peter Pan

It all started with some bookmarks I am making for my God Daughter's 6th birthday... while those are not quite finished, I decided while I was waiting on the 6 year old's "decisions" on the bookmarks for her party favors that I would make a banner as a surprise for her with her favorite character right now Peter Pan! So what started out as going to be perhaps a simple banner, turned into a full day of assembling cuts from the Cricut to make this. I used the Disney Classic's Cartridge for all the shapes except Tinkerbell who I chose one from the Tinkerbell Cartridge instead and the letters are from the Blackletter Cartridge.



I used my alcohol based markers to add some extra shading to the characters. I also distressed the edges of everything with either brown or black ink. I added color scraps to the map behind the openings to add more dimension to it, and added scribbles with pens and markers to add more depth to them as well. I also used lots of foam pop dots to layer things at different levels to really add dimension. And what really makes everything pop is the Sakura Gelly Roller Clear Star pen that makes a lot of the accents glisten in real life. The banner spans about 4-5 feet when finished.



Thank you for looking!



3 comments:

Sis Patterson said...

Great banner - it has such great color - it is just terrific!

Queen Marcie said...

I love love love how the banner came out and we loved having you at the crop!

Christie Bryant said...

This is amazing!!! Did she love it??? I sure hope so. I can't believe the amount of detail you put into this banner. What a lucky god daughter!